Women’s Discipleship Ministries believe in empowering women through education, training and personal development.
We are cognizant of the fact that our Master and Lord, Jesus was the greatest teacher and that we are further encouraged by the Apostle Paul, another great stalwart of learning to “study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” (Timothy 2:5).
A series of training and development events are carried out to help realise our ambition to develop women of excellence for Christ. Our annual Empowerment Conferences, Retreats, Presidents, Secretaries and Co-ordinators training days serve to demonstrate our commitment to empowering women to reach their God-given potential.
We also strongly advise and encourage all those engaged in women’s discipleship ministries to embark on a journey of spiritual enlightenment through the courses being offered by our Leadership Training Centre (LTC). These are:
- Understanding Yourself and Others (Developmental psychology, counselling and conflict resolution…)
- Equipping People for Ministry (Meaning of discipleship, motivating and multiplying disciples, mentoring process…)
- Preaching the Word Today (Introduction to the different types of preaching, reasons for preaching the Word…)
- Rightly Dividing the Word (Introduction to Biblical hermeneutics and Pentecostal hermeneutics…)
- Care and Help Ministries Inside and Outside the Church (Integral missions, outreach ministries…)
- Pastoral Care – Helping People in Crisis (The ministry of pastoral care, counselling…)
Leadership (Qualities, styles and approaches)
- Leading with Integrity (The care for Christian leadership, team leadership and integrity, conflict resolution…)
- Christian Ethics and Practical Theology (The principles of Christian ethics, developing core beliefs and values…)
For further information, contact:
Joycelyne Bolt (Women’s Discipleship Ministries Director)
Tel: 01604 824230